Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bedtime Routines

Ok, so a couple months ago I thought I had the whole bedtime thing figured out. Zhaun went to bed every night at the same time, no problems and even took his naps with ease. Then one day out of the blue, he refused to go to bed, learned to climb out of his crib and just started hated to sleep. This has been going on for about three months now and although we're starting to get back into a routine, I would love to hear what helps you to help your babies/toddlers sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sadly, the only thing that gets Sydney, our 24 month old daughter, to sleep without a fuss is our staying in bed with her until she's too tired to notice our slipping away.

I think the reason why Andre and I now face the problem of getting Syd to go to sleep on her own and to stay in bed is that we moved her out of a crib and into her own bed too soon. She's become so accustomed to calmly hopping off the bed when she is by herself and not ready to sleep that now it's a problem.

So Heidi, I know that my answer is not something you want to start, as it would be a backward step, but it is more of a warning/advice to mothers with babies. DON'T MOVE YOUR BABIES/TODDLERS INTO THEIR OWN BEDS BEFORE THEY ARE ACCUSTOMED TO FALLING ASLEEP IN THEIR CRIBS ON THEIR OWN!!!